Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why Not





So last night I went out to dinner and drank a little too much wine to be able to write a semi - decent post. Sorry. So today I will thrill all of you with TWO posts, starting with what should have been Wednesdays Why Not post.

So while I was walking the aisles of Sephora, casually throwing make up into my basket that I cannot afford, (saving for graduate school, HA) a thought popped into my head. How cool would it be to create your own makeup line! I love makeup and beauty care so why not be the creator of  fabulous make up  and have it sold at Sephora or Blue Mercury? Half the time that I am in these stores I find make up that I love (Helloo Chanel and Too faced) and am extremely disappointed to find the ingredients are loaded with parabens (scientists are finding this chemical to be a direct link to breast cancer), sulfates or other non-friendly chemicals. Now most organic make up lines that I come across are extremely boring, you know just the bare essentials that you need, no fun. My line however will be a mix of an organic line such as Korres and a fun line like Benefit. Wouldn't that be so great? Owning your own makeup company. Traveling the world to find natural ingredients and inspiration and then coming up with colorful names for your collections? Maybe if your line is used for runway you can even grab tickets to some major fashion shows. Basically you would live an extremely stylish and awesome life, and bonus I doubt you need a college degree for a job like this.  For some grand stories behind great make up brands click Here for Benefits and Here for Tarte's, my two favorite lines. Below are some of my favorite pieces from both their collections and some others.

P.s The makeup line that I am currently creating in my head is alot like what Tarte already sells, but everyone needs a little competition in their lives and let's be honest this is never going to happen anyway.


Benefit Blush in Coralista
Great for Summer

Benefit, Benetint: used for multiple purposes, cheek stain lip stain.
Originally this was concocted for prostitutes nipples LOL.


Benefits Moonbeam Luminzor
Not really sure the actual purpose of this ( I think it is to high light certain aspects of your face) but it is alot of fun and
soo pretty!









Tarte Bronzer: perfect bronzer for highlighting cheeks

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

Tarte Lip Surgence Lip Stain

Dior Show Mascara: Best Mascara Ever!!

MAC Eye Kohl Pencil

Too Faced Matte Powder Bronzer: Best All Over Bronzer








No comments:

Post a Comment