Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend .... Not.

I feel ya kid. 


So while most of the real world reveled in the thought of a three day weekend, I cried. I cried for many reasons the biggest being my little brother heading back to school. No I did not cry because I was sad to see my brother leave (I mean I was sad, but not that emotional about it) I cried because it's finally sinking in that I am not going back to Salisbury. It is like actually happening that I'm not going to go back. I'm not going to move into my apartment. Not going to be able to go through that huge checklist to give to my RA stating that everything in my apartment is "good" except for all those "holes" in the wall, (the holes in the wall were always there when I checked out). Thursdays won't be spent getting ready and pre-gaming to go out. No instead they will actually be spent nestled between my Mom and Dad on the couch watching TV. I'm even going to miss going to the library to get work done. The worst part about all of this is I actually thought I was really ready to be done with school. Last spring semester I felt really confident. I thought I was going to have a great job, I had plans for graduate school the following year and an actual future ahead of me. Now that I realize this is not a real job and I don't even know what I'm going to graduate school for anymore the future is a little more dim then bright. Which brings me to the second reason why I cried. Health careers take Labor Day literally and apply them to all holidays and most weekends. So while the rest of the country took in the last rays of summer I watched them set from the windows of the hospital. Working weekends doesn't really agree with my schedule so it's going to be a difficult future life time if I'm working in the health field. Maybe Exercise Science is not the best degree for me. I think I have hit rock bottom. 


Ps The venting/ complaining isn't over.

No comments:

Post a Comment