Monday, October 3, 2011

Back Track

So, has anyone watched the new television show Pan Am? I am obsessed. Not only do I love the fact that with each new episode they journey to a colorful different country, but my absolute favorite aspect of this show is the fashion. From the main characters to the passengers, everyone is always dressed their best. There are no jeans, sweat pants, yoga pants or leggings. The women are garbed in dresses, gloves, pearls and hats along with a full face of makeup and the men are always in a suit. Apparently comfort has overtaken our generations take on fashion because most people I see about to embark on travel, including myself, are in our most comfortable swears and our cell phones in hand and earphones plugged in. How interesting how times have changed. This show just makes me want to live back then and embrace the full skirt and white glove fashion. Just kidding I don't think I could live back then because I could not handle the decades to come. Instead I wish people didn't dress like such slobs and instead took more pride in how the presented themselves. Some pics of early 60's fashion.  



Full skirts.

Jackie Kennedy, one of the 1960's style icon.


1960's fashion advertisement.


Laure and Maggie on Pan Am. I looove the gloves!!



No comments:

Post a Comment